What is it?
Ageing affects us all and if you desire to revitalise and tighten skin troubled by the ravages of time, HIFU could be a fantastic solution for you. HIFU (or High Intensity Focused Ultrasound in full) is a revolutionary cosmetic procedure that lifts and firms sagging skin, typically caused by the ageing process. Results are natural and there is no surgery involved. It is suitable for face and body, and can also be used for slimming and body toning.
HIFU Skin Tightening works by concentrating beams of ultrasound onto problem skin, which strengthens the underlying tissues. The procedure also stimulates your body’s own natural production of collagen, meaning that skin continues to improve for many weeks. Typical problems targeted by HIFU include:
- forehead (heavy lines, eyebrow lifting)
- eyes (under eye, crow’s feet)
- cheek area (nasolabial folds, depressions)
- chin (double chin, jowls)
- jowl line (v-line forming)
- neck and chest (wrinkles, loose skin)
- localised fat and slimming assistance (HIFU’s focused energy waves can destroy localised fat cells).
HIFU can also be extra effective when combined with other treatments, ensuring you achieve optimal results in the shortest time. As always, our doctors and skin therapists will create the best treatment plan for you based on your own needs, goals and progress.